dspblok 21489-100-ETH - Analog Devices ADSP-21489-100 SHARC DSP Module
*The dspblok 21489-100-ETH is available on a strict allocation basis to our legacy customers to support existing designs. New designs should consider the dspblok 21565-ETH.*
The dspblok™ 21489-100+Ethernet is a highly integrated DSP module that incorporates an Analog Devices’ ADSP-21489 SHARC DSP operating at 400 MHz, flash, EEProm, and a switching power supply to support the core voltage requirements. All the connections are brought out to standard 2mm dual row header footprints. The board is only 60mm x 60mm (2.36" x 2.36"). The dspblok 21489-100+Ethernet also includes a Microchip ATMega32U4 which functions as full-speed USB transceiver as well as additional GPIO. You can use the USB to upload DSP code via Danville's dspBootloader™.
The dspblok 21489-100+Ethernet includes a WIZnet W5100 Ethernet transceiver operating at 100Mb/s. Each module has a unique MAC address preassigned. The transceiver manages the TCP/IP stack so that the DSP is largely unburdened. You just add magnetics and a connector. Since the magnetics are external, you can also create Power over Ethernet (POE) targets for smart sensor applications.
The dspblok 21489-100+Ethernet replaces our dspblok 21489+Ethernet. The main difference is that the ethernet transceiver and USB interface has changed. We recommend using this module as a quick migration target and then moving to the dspblok 21565+Ethernet as a more long term solution.
You can connect to an Analog Devices ICE using a Danville JTAG Adapter. Analog Devices has two development packages available: CrossCore Embedded Studio or Visual DSP++.
- Analog Devices ADSP-21489 (100 pin)
- Adesto AT25SF161 16Mb Serial Flash
- Microchip 25AA02E48 Serial EEProm with MAC Address
- WIZNet W5100S-L Ethernet Transceiver
- Microchip ATMega32U4
Exposed I/O (3.3V):
- DAI 20-DAI 1
- DPI 14-DPI 7, DPI 4, DPI 3-DPI 1 (Assigned as SCK, MISO, & MOSI)
- FLG3 - FLG0, RESET# (Open Drain)
- 32U4 I/O including ADCs, GPIO, I2C, UART
- 60mm x 60mm
- Height: 4mm above PCB, 2mm + 4.3mm (mating header) below PCB
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm
- Dual Row 2mm Headers
- 3.3V-400mA, Largely dependent on core clock, operating temperature and computational load.
Power Supply & Breakout Connectors